Saturday, January 2, 2010

Project 365 in Review

I went into Project 365 with the sole goal of taking a photo everyday. That in itself sometimes proved to be very difficult. Some days just did not lend themselves to photographic thought let alone a thoughtfully composed photo. Thus, some of my photos in the Project are simply that -- photos. On the other hand some of the photos that look simple, candid, or not well thought out (which perhaps they weren't) photos are some of the most special ones to me. When I look at them, I remember the moment, the place, or the event surrounding it.

As the year progressed, I began to push myself to play with lighting, aperture, shutterspeed, etc. I don't want to be just a good photographer. I want to be the best photographer that I can be!

For me that means continually pushing the limits of what I know and am comfortable with. It means trying new things even though it is easier to fall back into the style I am most comfortable with. It means getting used to editing. Because even though a photo can look great SOOC, a little enhancing can often set it apart.

Last week I crossed another milestone in using my camera  (and no, it wasn't how to use manual because I've been doing that for what seems forever, now). This year I hope to cross several milestones in practicing and increasing my post processing skills. We'll see how it goes...

Because we remember moments not days...

No comments:

Post a Comment