Friday, November 6, 2009

365/09 Day 310 Falling Leaves

I quietly made my way outside this morning because I wanted to capture once again the beauty of the remaining leaves. As I stood out there analyzing my angle and looking for some nice bokeh (which I didn't find), I noticed how quiet it was -- except for the sound... of falling leaves.

Although our crimson king Norway maple is the prettiest tree left right now, I couldn't get a good angle on Fall without a distracting background, so I opted for our other Norways. So there I was, halfway down the lane in my housecoat ignoring the cold in the hopes of catching Fall in action.

The following two photos still didn't do Fall justice:


(Don't you love that crooked horizon!? I was laying at an odd angle trying to capture Fall's finest). But finally patience paid off! Success! I finally caught Fall in action!

Had I been dressed a little warmer and the kids didn't have schoolwork, I might have stayed out longer to see what other gifts Fall would give me.

Remembering those quiet moments...

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful! I love how you caught a single leaf falling so many times.

    ReplyDelete