Friday, September 11, 2009

365/09 Day 254| Sarnia Lambton County Special Events Photographers

Living where we do, we are blessed to witness some events that land locked cities never do. The fact that I am homeschooling our children also proves advantageous on occasion. Today was one of those occasions. The children and I set out bright and early to watch the HMCS Ville de Quebéc pass through. In memory of 9/11 and all those who lay their lives on the line daily so we can go about our busy lives, there was also a short memorial service. It was touching and something the kids will remember for many years to come. Of course the gun salute, the sheer size of the boat, and the size of the crew will not be forgotten quickly either. I was once again reminded of how blessed I am to live in North America and of how often and how much I just take life for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment