Tuesday, March 24, 2009

365/09 Day 83

I had an opportunity to play around in an acquaintance's studio. This was one of our models. I haven't done any editing on this photo yet. I watched the acquaintance edit a bunch of her photos, and to be honest, it kind of freaked me out. I edit, yes, but not like she edits. In the end her subjects were almost surreal. The reality is I have wrinkles and blemishes. Okay, feel free to heal the blemishes, but don't make my wrinkles disappear all together.

Once again I was reminded of how much photography has become an art. What looks like a fabulous photo to one person, may not to another. Granted my lighting is off in this photo (it didn't help that I don't have a studio camera). Lighting, I will edit, and I like it when the eyes "pop", but how do we even know what is real anymore? The reality is, we don't. We can now all look like air-brushed models ;0)!

No comments:

Post a Comment